Integrated marketing involves all the oscillating movements of your digital efforts from Strategy, Creative, Delivery, Reporting and Analytics.
How do you use all of your marketing efforts to Attract –> Engage –> Delight your Customers?
According to HubSpot, you want to make sure your business is delivering the right information to the right person at the right time, every time.
Sanele explains his bias as a strategist and fundamentally, he argues the importance of a solid foundation for creative. With in-depth analysis and insights needed to guide any creative concept.
The typical office environment requires a balance between business objectives, managing those objectives with delivery and execution benchmarks and KPI’s. Some may argue for a flat structure in a business, however, in a remuneration-incentive driven world, you may argue that capital is king.
As a strategist, Siya agrees a “1000%” with Sanele’s statement and points out how the best creative will “fall to sh*t”, as he eloquently puts it, if there is not coherent plan for delivery and execution.
Wasanga argues the importance of both working symbiotically – Siya highlights the importance of Strategy, Creative and Client Services.
Sanele talks about the importance of understanding the importance of collaboration and how realistic and or difficult it is to run your own thing. Have you ever considered doing it on your own? How would you put together the resources required to implement a holistic Integrated Marketing Strategy? Or would you focus on one cost-efficient platform?
Social Media Management and Teams
Siya argues the importance of a social media management role and how often social media managers are overlooked. He also highlights how much the requirements of a social media management role often doesn’t match the remuneration:
The typical job requirement for a social media manager and the expectations required are often described colourfully in an ambiguous manner like “Unicorn or Social Media Ninja”. The reality for many is long hours, a lot of responsibility and high expectations, which don’t match the rewards. Is this the cost of integrated marketing?
Social Media Manager duties and responsibilities
- Develop, implement and manage our social media strategy
- Define most important social media KPIs
- Manage and oversee social media content
- Measure the success of every social media campaign
- Stay up to date with latest social media best practices and technologies
- Use social media marketing tools such as Buffer
- Attend educational conferences
- Work with copywriters and designers to ensure content is informative and appealing
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales and Product Development teams
- Monitor SEO and user engagement and suggest content optimization
- Communicate with industry professionals and influencers via social media to create a strong network
- Hire and train others in the team
- Provide constructive feedback
- Adhere to rules and regulations
- Present to Senior Management
Viral Video Content
Siya talks about #Twerk4Phume where Twitter user Phume, had a live IG competition where she posed a dance challenge to give away the latest Sony PS5. It went viral and there was various news and radio interviews which derived from the online viral moment.
Sanele mentions the importance of understanding the importance of innovation in being able to get the full value of content before its expiration date. He lauds George Mnguni, whose diversity and portfolio of work gives him longevity.
Siya critiques the Savanna Demi-Demi collaboration and the pros and the cons of the advert. He highlights the positive aspects of the advert and how important it is to be able to control the sentiment beyond the virality.
We wrap up the show with a shoutout to Sibu Mpanza, Moshe Ndiki and Farieda, who have all been pioneers in creating new spaces through their online content efforts. Salute.
Links to the ads and videos shown:
- DemiDemi Savanna Ad link: Unfortunately, Savanna took down the ad since it was cringeworthy.
- Pharoahfi’s video: https://twitter.com/rang_phooko/statu…
- Moshe’s video: https://youtu.be/TZ4nILK8oRY
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/2sYa…
- Sound Cloud: https://soundcloud.com/user-753694529…
About Digital Dyans:
The unlikely trio of Sanele, Wasanga and Siya set out to traverse the digital landscape in search of answers, anecdotes and “ahhh, I don’t think that will work”. Armed with a vast set of skills from differing fields, the Digital Dyans embark on infinite adventures into social, digital and all things WTF. Together they bask in the Sunshine, Mayhem and See Yay.