Video marketing is not something new, in fact, it has been around for decades now.
In the past, video marketing was mostly used to sell or promote products and services on TV, since this was the biggest medium of information back in those days.
The first TV advert came out in 1941 in the United States of America, when a watch manufacturing company called Bulova released a 10-second ad that featured a clock layered on top of the United States map accompanied by a voice-over, “America runs on Bulova time”. This was not only the first TV ad in America but the first TV ad in the world.
However, in today’s world, the medium has changed due to technological advances but the idea of video marketing is still as important as ever. Nowadays, people consume a lot of information just by connecting to the internet using their phones or desktops.
This has presented an opportunity for brands to invest in video marketing, not only to market their products or services but to also engage with their audiences by presenting how-to videos, promote customer testimonials, live-stream events and deliver viral (entertaining) content.
According to a report from HubSpot Research, more than 50% of consumers want to see videos from brands, more than any other type of content.
According to Envato, the best Video Marketing Strategy is the one that enables you to measure the engagement rate of your audience to each campaign and help you refine your approach for maximum impact.
“By incorporating video on landing pages, can cause an increase in conversion rates by over 80%, and by mentioning the word “video” in your email subject line increases open rates by 19%. 90% of customers also say videos help them make buying decisions.”
What are the benefits of Video Marketing?
- Video helps your business to reach a Larger Audience. According to Cisco, videos will account for 82% of all internet traffic by 2020. With a high percentage of people preferring video over other means of content, it is wise for your brand to start using video marketing now in order to reach potential clients. Aligning your video marketing objectives to ROI has never proved more feasible and impotant.
- Video helps your business with SEO. By giving your business a higher ranking on Google search, increase your click-through rate, open rates, and conversions. With YouTube being the second largest search engine after Google, it also helps your search ranking by pushing your video to the top of the suggestions should it entail relevant information to that of a specific search query.
- Video helps Drive Web Traffic. By incorporating video marketing into your marketing strategy you are bound to get traffic on your website. According to Aberdeen Group, another benefit of using video for marketing is that video users enjoy 41% more web traffic from searches than marketers who don’t use video.
- Video helps spread Brand Awareness. How-to videos are good engagement tools to spread brand awareness and increase engagement rate. These videos educate customers on how to use certain products, they also give in-depth explanations of what the product is used for, what it contains and where to buy it.
- Video helps with Closing Deals. A study done by Video in Business Benchmark Report 2018, reveals that a whopping 90% of customers say that product videos help them make buying decisions, and 64% say that watching a video makes them more likely to buy.
- Video helps Increase Revenue. This has to be one of the most important benefits of video. The whole point of promoting and selling your products and services is to increase revenue and make a profit. A study by Aberdeen Group has found that marketers who use video grow company revenue 49% faster each year than companies who aren’t using video for marketing.
Whether you are new to video marketing or you are just exploring new ways of using video marketing, our team of experts can help you create your own video marketing strategy that is aligned with your objectives and speaks directly to your ideal customer.