Instagram is the leading photo-sharing platform with over 500 million users, 300 000 of them being considered as influential. What does influential mean? Instagram Influencer Marketing has been spawned from this critical question of visual clout and war of aesthetics.
What is the true potential of Instagram influencer marketing? Brands have been asking this question and trying to answer it for a long time. With catch-phrases, hip hop songs and popular dance moves. Each one promising to be better than the other. What happens beyond the viral campaigns, trends and millions of followers? Is ROI the elusive pot of gold at the end of the influencer rainbow?
Since Instagram is highly visual, it is easy for brands to share content and for consumers to consume information.
Instagram users are heavily young, social media savvy consumers who are influenced by aspirational content.
Instagram allows influencers and brands to share large amounts of content and offers marketers an easy way to share content with sufficient data and insights with the community for analysis.
Defining Influencer Marketing Objectives
- Having a clear marketing objective helps brands to determine their strategy, what type of influencer to collaborate with and their overall budget.
- Anything that doesn’t align with the initial objectives need to be eliminated from the execution plan.
As a brand there are 5 questions that you need to ask yourself:
- What are you trying to achieve with influencer marketing?
- How will you measure the campaign’s success?
- What type of influencers do you want to work with?
- What type of consumer are you planning to target?
- How will an influencer program complement your other marketing initiatives?
Be Consistent. Be Authentic. Work With The Right People.